By entering the involved structure after the thermal layer has been cooled and employing the PyroBlitz hand line flowing 20gpm@1500psi (80lpm @ 104bar), the residual fire is quickly extinguished using only minimal amount of water; The attack hose is only ¾” (19mm) and therefore allows rapid entering and high mobility to the interior crew thus the name “Blitz” (putting the wet stuff on the red stuff).
Tenets upon which “Transitional Attack” is based using PyroLance Technology:
• A risk versus gain procedure that hugely increases the safety margin for the Firefighter
• Interrupts the flame chain reaction, reducing the process of pyrolysis and inhibit radiant heat flux thereby impeding fire spread
• Cools gases to below ignition temperature and reduces the volumetric flame
• Inactivating the atmosphere by raising the humidity level
• Interrelates the ventilation profile with ongoing fire conditions
When utilizing a combination of high-pressure water and a non-sparking abrasive aggregate material, the PyroLance has the ability to pierce any material in a matter of seconds and then blanket the thermal layer inside with a fog of atomized water; Test results indicate the ability to penetrate a mild steel plate with a one inch thickness, in less than 55 seconds. After penetrating with the water and aggregate mixture, PyroLance then utilizes the high pressure water mist, without the aggregate, to quickly cool the atmosphere and contain the fire.