fbpx
Phone:+1 (352) 203-3186 I Email: sales@pyrouhp.com

Ultra High Pressure Fire Suppression Technology

Ultra High Pressure Fire Suppression is defined by the NFPA as pump pressures above 1100 PSI. The increase in pressure results in increased surface area.

Extinguishing With Incredible Speed

 By reducing the droplet size of water to 1/64th the size of a convention water droplet, there is an increase of surface area by 16 to 20 times. This increase in surface area allows the UHP droplet to absorb heat and extinguish fires in record time.

 

The outer layer of a water droplet is the only surface on a droplet that can absorb heat energy. In a larger, conventional water droplet, this means that only 10% of the water droplet is used to extinguish a fire and the remaining 90% is wasted water. With a UHP droplet, the size is optimized to allow for up to 90% of the droplet to be used to absorb heat energy and the other 10% to be evaporated into steam.

 

 

This steam conversion also acts as a cooling method. As the water evaporates and expands into steam, it absorbs even more heat energy than the water droplet does alone. This leads to even faster fire extinguishment.  

Another benefit of these optimized water droplets is the ability for them to be drawn into the fire flow path. Due to the decrease in density of the droplet, they’re able to hang in the thermal layer longer, absorbing more heat energy than conventional water droplets. This droplets that are suspended in the air are also able to follow the flow path to the fire and extinguish the fire via indirect fire attack. 

PyroLance Technology

PyroLance uses pressurized water with a non-metallic aggregate that is completely non-heat producing and does not generate sparks. This gives PyroLance the ability to quickly breach and/or cut most types of materials without creating any additional heat or sparks. In addition, without the requirement of any other tools, it becomes both a defensive and offensive fire attack tool.

PyroLance introduces its fine mist of water through a small opening less than 1/8 inches – 3mm. A rapid reduction in temperature occurs without introducing large amounts of oxygen, which greatly reduces the likelihood of flashover or backdraft. Firefighters can manage the thermal layer while remaining outside in a safe, shielded, defensive position.

Want to Learn More?